Historiscope is committed to the transformation of publicly available digitized historical material into open-access high-quality datasets that can be used for historical and social research.
Our objectives are to:
- transform digitized historical material into datasets that can be searched, reviewed for accuracy, and analyzed.
- integrate data from separate, contemporaneous historical record sets into harmonized datasets.
- create interfaces that allow researchers to select subsets for analysis using criteria that best address their research needs and concerns: such as source type, region, time period, and demographic profiles.
- involve the public in the creation and use of digitized historical material, including the creation of integrated historical datasets.
- promote the continued creation and dissemination of publicly available historical material.
- share these datasets freely with the interested public.
See our current projects.